Sunday, July 20, 2014

Suffering suffering suffering.... (aka I hate allergies!)

Forget the "your body changes every 7 years" or "as you age your allergies will disappear" bull crap!  The only change I can note with regard to allergies is that every 7 years that I become allergic to something I've never been allergic to and less allergic to something I've been allergic to.  And as far as disappearing? Fuhgetaboutit!  They certainly don't seem to be getting any less aggravating and incapacitating.

I'm lying on my couch this cool summer Sunday with swollen itchy eyes, red nose, and "married" to a box of tissue.  I've used my Nasonex, Claritin, allergy eye drops and finally, giving in to Benadryl and yes I am still suffering and not the least bit sleepy or showing signs that the reaction will ease.  So I checked www.pollen.com to find out what could be kicking up this latest flare-up and find, in my area, it's grasses, plantain and nettle.

Ah, yes!  That explains it!  Grasses.  Mixed Grasses.  We're surrounded by grasses.  Another item to add to the list.  I only noticed in the past couple of years that when grass pollen is up, my allergies get worse.

Oh, well nothing I can do except take another benadryl in a couple of hours, hold tight to box of tissue and ride it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Cherry Peppers....ooh aah

What a great time of year!  Gardens are overflowing with beautiful, fresh veggies .  Right now, I've got the most beautiful hot c...